Saturday, January 22, 2011

More Poems: You know you love them

I have to admit, this poems are not as good as the last too, so don't get your hopes up. The first one I wrote today, and the second I wrote a couple months ago.

Mirrors:
I look in the mirror,
Its shining, reflecting.
Who is that person in the mirror?
The girl who’s always looking back at me.
When did she age?
What happened to the little girl I used to see?
When did she change?
Where is the pure, innocent and loving girl?
She used to laugh,
She used to play.
She was unprejudiced, and untained from the world.
So, please, tell me,
What happened to that little girl?
The one I used to be.



Jars.

It’s said
There’s a table.
A big table.
With thousands of glass jars.
One belongs to me.
And it’s filled.
It’s filled with all the negativity;
Bad thoughts,
Complaints,
Sorrow,
Everything.
Also,
All the times I’ve not succeeded.
That’s in there too.
It’s black,
Swirling,
Sinister.
It can’t harm us,
Unless,
We let it.
How to keep it in?
Live in the present,

Mourning the past puts a crack in the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment