Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Geometry: How many posts have I made about nevershoutnever? Count 'em and you get ten virtual high fives.

Geometry...it's a little more practical then algebra, but I still wonder how I will ever apply this to my daily life. Do they expect me to be walking down the street, and suddenly stop and be like:

Oh my gosh, it's a ladder. I need to measure the degree of the angle of the ladder intersecting with the ground. I know that the ladder is blah blah inches long, and the ground will be x, just let me get out my handy dandy calculater, and I'll just press cos, and figure that out...

No. It just doesn't apply at all, unless I became a carpender, then I maybe would need to know how to find the area of wood and stuff.

What is even harder to figure out real world situations for is algebra. I don't think that I will ever use it again in my life, unless I became a math teacher. There is no way in heck I would ever do that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment