Saturday, January 22, 2011

A poem: Horizen

 I generally don't write poems that rhymn. The poems I usually write just paint a picture, but I'm working on writing poems with certain numbers of syllabols or rhyming cuplets....

I have two poems to post today the first on is a poem that I wrote a little less then a year ago. It's like my usually type. No rhyming.

“Sunrise”

It’s freezing out side,
Chilling and icy,
The cold creeps along my arms,
Leaving goose bumps in its wake.

The sky is still deep blue and black,
Speckled with purple,
It looks menacing, haunting,
At the same time it is,
Beautiful.

The sun is peaking at me,
Just barely over the horizon,
Like a kid playing hide and seek,
Checking for taggers,
Trying to remain unseen.

The little sun pushes his head up,
Illuminating,
The sky is a canvas,
Bright pink and orange water colors,
Seep into the dark paint,
It’s striking, stunning, spectacular,
And Breath taking.


The second poem I am posting isn't one of my best works. I wrote it when I was dabbling in writing poems where every other line rhymns. Hope you like it:

Dreams

Should I reach for my dreams?
Should I grasp that star?
To me it always seems,
They are so far.

Can I depend on my own strength,
To get the job done?
Should I set my goal that great length,
though it's such a long run.

Should I trust these wings for flight,
To lift me up to,
 Such great heights?
What else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment