Friday, January 21, 2011

New Years Resolutions: They suck...

I've never actually done the whole New Years Resolutions thing. I'm terrible at making a goal and sticking with it. That's probably my worst trait. I love writing, but every time that I have tried to write a book I get stuck after about three chapters. I went through a painting phase, a piano phase, a theater phase (still in the theater phase), a dance class phase, and even a rebelious phase. (I do have to say that the rebelious phase was short lived. I'm just not a very openly rebelious person) My problem is that I am a perfectionist, and I guess I just expect myself to be better then everyone else, at everything. I know it's impossible to be the best, but that's jsut the way I think. I quit dance classes because all of the girls had done it there whole lifes, and I was new.

Back to the theater phase. I was really proud of my self today. It was time to perform our monologues in my Fundamentles of Acting class, and I was extremely nervous. I am a rather quiet person when it comes to public speaking, but I did it all the way through. My teacher told me that I actually did a good job. It felt amazing to actually try to do my best and suceed. Usually when I have to perform a monologue that I'm not very comfertable with, I will just pretend that I am not trying. I don't know why I do that. I think that it may be so that I don't try my hardest and end up failing, because that has happened to me. Those are the times that I have fallen the hardest. The lesson that I learned today is that when you do try your best, and give it your all the result is so much better. I feel so much better about myself knowing that I am actually a pretty good actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment